Progress Report Week 19



This week was full of shots to get lit. 

This shot I tried to just refine some more and get a nice rim light of the pieces. I think there was some continuity issues though with other shots and so I need to go in and change the light source to the other side of the house. Also the textures for the chess pieces got updated so stay tuned for their new look! 

This shot I needed to update the textures on because we have darker colored couches now and it definitely helps the focus stay on the character's hand now with the contrast there in the textures. I also wanted the audience to be putting their focus onto the hand, so I added a strong key light to it. 

Below are really rough starts to lighting. I'd consider them more of 'blocking' if that makes any sense. This week I ran into quite a few technical roadblocks such as the character's shirt not following the rig. I also had some automatic render aborts that I couldn't finish the render past 2% completion for the second example, so it's very pixelated. Despite these issues, all of them have either been resolved, or we have some things we want to try out to try to fix them that I don't think this is a roadblock that we can't overcome. 



The chess world lighting is still getting worked on. I've been struggling a bit with getting the character to stand out from the background. I got some extra help from my classmate who has more experience in lighting than I do and I think my latest version is working a lot better than how it was before. I think there's still some refinement that I can do to make it better, but it's heading in the right direction! 







Comments