Progress Report Unit 07



Lighting is carrying on for this next unit. I am working hard to address all the notes given to me and achieve what I can with the limitations of these methods as well as the short time. I believe that I am making progress. I have particularly spent time experimenting on sq200s120, and 140. We wanted to try incooporating glowing effects into other shots along the film to help make the chess world more imaginary and other worldly. This has come with some successes and some failures, but there was a lot of learning as always. 

I'm really enjoying working in the death world, the effect is so powerful. It is also so challenging. I say that with a smile on my face of course. I find it a challenge to not have the luxury of light linking. I was taught to utilize this to attain the most control in the appearance of lighting. This allows for a lot of refinement. Without that, it takes a lot of time to position lights where a falling pillar doesn't fall towards a spotlight, as it'll appear to get brighter. As there are pillars all around David, there are only so many options. I think I am doing a fair job at making sure the viewer can see David despite the chaos of environment falling apart around him.

As always, here is a link to my work on syncsketch for better viewing:




Comments