Progress Report Unit 08



And lighting is continuing, as always! For this Unit, I have taken on some additional shots as I have finaled almost all the ones from my schedule. Some of our team members are falling behind due to technical difficulties with the render farm, so I really wanted to help out where I can. I am doing more chess world shots as I have a lot of experience with those. I am both nervous and excited to be lighting my personal favorite part of the film. This part is what has always gotten me to tear up, so I really want to try my absolute best. It's still in early stages, but I feel as though I'm in a good starting place.

Below the lighting videos are some images of some technical difficulties of my own. Our pillars unfortunately weren't UV'd in the best way before they were rigged. As I went shot by shot, I just adjust the UVs to give the pillars the look we want. It appeared fine in the file, and I rendered my shot to turn in. I was so startled to find that when I opened up the file, the exact pillars I thought I fixed were totally exploded. I reached out to my team, and Justin stepped up. He knew it was because we can't change the UVs after something is rigged. Normally, I know that to be true, but I was under the false impression that that was due to skin weighting. The pillars just have a constraint so I thought it would be fine, but obviously I was in the wrong.

After discovering that the problem didn't have an easy fix, Justin suggested editing the texture image file itself in photoshop to fix into the UV that we are stuck with. It was a great idea and I'm so happy that I am able to do that, it has helped me continue getting work done. 











Comments