Progress Report Unit 05


This unit I had a lot of shots due for final. It was a bit of a crunch with midterms going on, but I'm proud to say that I got all my shots worked on and submitted on time. I had some fixes to make towards the end, but I think overall it really helped the work look much better. 

The backgrounds were getting a bit too grey and the pillar's visibility was getting lost. So for each shot I went in and adjusted the gradient of the background sphere so that even if the camera is ''lower' in the environment, the viewer can still see the full range of the gradient. It was a bit hard to keep everything consistent, so I did have to go back and forth a bit but I think I succeeded in that considering nobody noticed issues in that area.

I got everything approved except for shot 160. I just need to make the chess piece a bit brighter so that it stands out against the background. I know how to do that though so it's a pretty easy fix. 

I really loved working on the 'death world' shots. I feel like the lighting for this section is powerful in telling the story. It's a bit hard because there is not light linking, and all the moving pillars causes shadows that I don't want or don't allow me to hide a light, but after some work and guidance from my class I think I got it working. 

I'm excited to start on my next batch of shots!

Again, here is a link to my syncsketch in case blogger struggles with concerting the video files. 


Comments