Progress Report Unit 06



Lighting is going well this week! I'm working on my next batch of shots. It's fun because they all have different challenges. But I think it's off to a good start! Right now what I am spending most of my time on is sq200s120 and sq400s060. In 120, we are experimenting with adding a glow behind the queen chess piece that way we did in the green chess world. We really liked the effect that had so we want to try making something like that work for emphasis in the yellow chess world too. Also in s060, we have a pillar that is coming down and falling on David, so we really want a shadow to fall over his face to clue in the audience about like what is to come. It's almost like a foreshadowing thing. This one is definitely a bit of a challenge for me because I am animating and block come in front of a light to 'cast the shadow' but I also need to be matching it up to the pillar that is shown falling in the next shot. I actually haven't animated something in over a year, so my animation skills are very dusty! But I am happy to tackle the challenge for sure. I think having some passes will help with this shot because seeing this shot in the animatic with the pacing of all the other shots around it as well as the music really helps me see if what I'm working on is working or not. 

I've been getting a lot of helpful feedback from my professor and peers so I hope that I am delivering what they like to see. 

As always, here is a link to my syncsketch. I am always trying my best with blogger but sometimes I think that it is just not suited for video files.


Comments