Progress Report Week 21



Another quarter begins and with it comes new challenges! School is online now due to the Corona Virus and spring break was a whirlwind of moving and transferring files so that I can work from home. I'm fortunate enough to have a computer that can run the software I need, but my C: drive was 100% full so I had to backup almost four years worth of college school work so I could delete it all off my laptop and have the space to do work. It was a bit crazy for me, but I got a setup that works now and I can work from home now.

But that is all fixed now and I'm ready to jump into work!



I updated one of our environment files to have the most up to date textures so that any lighters lighting flat shots will have textures to help their work be more accurate. I wanted to share it with the class so they know to go in and get the updated file off the collaborative space.


I talked with Caleb about this shot going from morning to evening. I want to tone down the glossiness of the table surface to help separate it from the background. I just wanted to share it again because I got some really good feedback in class during dailies on how to improve. 





This is a couple different versions of one shot I was working on. I ran into a lot of technical issues with light linking and atmosphere fog being too intense. I think I got some improvement at least from where I started. I  my angle of lights is working, but I need to make some adjustments to the placements to soften the shadows on the character a bit. I would like to add more light to David, especially his eyes, so I will need to increase the intensity. I think I will have to link some stuff up so I don't over expose his shirt. Overall, I think I tackled a lot of technical issues and got work done to a point that I learned about what I can do to move through shots faster. 


Comments